Tuesday, July 1, 2008

D-Day minus 1

Here it is, my final post pre-band!! I am feeling quite calm, I really just want to get it over and done with now.

I'm still feeling a bit tender after yesterday so I am a little worried that I might rock up tomorrow and they'll say I can't have it done - believe me, I don't normally throw tantrums but .... I might not be able to stop myself! I'm still not sure what happened yesterday, I can only imagine it was my body's reaction to the restricted diet. I haven't eaten much today, I really cannot face another yoghurt or fromage frais. I will eat another one before I have to start my fast at 10pm as I won't be able to have anything other than fluids until Saturday at the earliest.

I have had a lot of support from people around me. Work have been brilliant, I'd booked two weeks holiday - I've only been in my job two months so didn't want to take the mickey by going sick - my boss emailed me today (she works in an office 200 miles away!) to say that she feels I shouldn't have to use all my holiday for this so she wants me to take one week holiday and one week paid leave. I didn't argue!!! It was so nice as it was totally unexpected. My colleagues have lent me books and DVDs to amuse me while I recouperate and even gave me a good luck card - I feel very lucky to work with such a great team.

I'm not sure when I will be able to post next. I am in hospital overnight tomorrow and should be home on Thursday afternoon. I will post as soon as I feel able and can get to the laptop!!


No comments: