Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to life, back to reality!

Well, the party is over and I return to work tomorrow after two weeks off. It will also be two weeks since my operation - how time flies!

I'm really looking forward to getting back to work - having only been in the job two months, I still enjoy it immensly and it will be nice to get back to some normality.

Everything has settled down now and I almost feel like nothing has happened. I can eat pretty much normally so I'm hoping that being back at work will keep me busy and enable me to start losing weight - at least the gaining seems to have stopped. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I weigh but I've had a sneaky peek and I weigh a little less than I did on Monday morning and I usually lose a pound or two over night.

I've had a lovely day today, two of my close friends got married. These are the friends who introduced me to my boyfriend - so, for that and lots of other reasons, they are really special to me. It was a very low key ceremony (its second time round for both of them) and then we went for a lovely Turkish meal - I've not been to a Turkish restaurant before and I was a bit apprehensive but it was fabulous! My boyfriend and I were the only non family there and they were limited to parents only so it was a very small affair.

I'm off to bed, must get a good night's sleep!

No comments: