Monday, July 28, 2008

Things are coming along!

I really think I am an awkward person!! I expected that as time would go on and I healed more from the operation, I would start to eat more but no, I have to be different.

I am finally getting the idea of this band - its only taken almost four weeks. I'm starting to think and pay attention to my body before I eat things. Yes, I can still overeat at the moment as my band is not restricting me too much, but if I pay attention I can tell whether I need to eat or not. I'm finding that whilst I can still eat quite a bit, it does keep me fuller for longer and I don't tend to eat between meals. I can't remember when I last had a bar of chocolate - don't get me wrong, I'm no saint but I can definitely see differences in my eating habits. More importantly, I'm not feeling deprived in any way.

I stood on the scales this morning and I've lost the pound I put on last week plus another one. This isn't official until Wednesday but I am rather pleased! If it carries on, I won't book my fill just yet because you don't need one if you are losing weight.

I've got a hell of a long way to go but I do feel I am going in the right direction - at long last!

No comments: