Saturday, September 20, 2008

OMG - revenge of the band!!!

Where do I start ............!!!!

I've had an interesting few days!! On Thursday I met up with a group of friends, we get together at each other's houses every few months, we all bring something to eat and sit and chat. My friend decided to do a chilli, which was lovely! When we got there she had crisps and dip which went down rather nicely, I then sat down to my chilli - I avoided the salad in case it got stuck. I got about 2/3 of the way through my relatively small portion of chilli when I had what must have almost been a productive burp (known as a PB). I suddenly felt the food come up to the back of my throat. I've never had one before and it really panicked me - some of the people at the table don't know about the band, and in any case you really don't want your food in your lap whether people know about it or not!!! I stopped eating immediately!! After a little while I was able to manage a little bit of cheesecake but I didn't have any of the other pudding that was there (normally I would) and I couldn't touch the bowl of heros chocs she put out.

Then yesterday, I had my first experience of something getting stuck in the band. It was entirely my own fault and I have certainly learned a very valuable lesson. I was at my parents house and they had some very close family friends over from Ireland who we don't get to see very often. We sat down for a meal and I was really hungry. There was a plate of bread next to me and without thinking about it I ate half a slice with some butter - big mistake, HUGE!!!! After about 30 seconds I started to feel really ill. I had an awful pain in my chest and my mouth started to fill with saliva. I left the room and went to the toilet and brought some slime up but the pain in my chest was awful. I felt really embarrassed because they didn't know about the band and it just looked strange so I went back to the table but I couldn't eat anything and I had to go back out again and brought some more slime up. I was lucky and it passed after about 10 minutes but my chest still felt a bit sore and I didn't dare eat anything else (I did manage a little bit of ice cream much later but not a lot!). I ended up explaining to my mum's friend what had happened and she was incredibly supportive but I really do not want to experience that again.

I still feel a bit fragile today. So far, I've managed 1 weetabix (with some difficulty!) one large choc chip cookie from M&S which didn't go down too well and a jacket potato with cheese which normally goes down really well but I struggled a bit with that too.

I realise now my band can be a right b*tch if it wants to so I'd better stay in it's good books!!!!

No comments: