Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For richer, for poorer!

I enjoyed just 24 short hours of having a massive amount of money in my current account. The money has transferred to the solicitor today. This is really happening now! I spoke to the estate agent at lunchtime and he was not aware that we were due to complete on Friday. My boyfriend is working lates this week so won't be able to collect the keys and I don't know Newport so would not be able to find the estate agents to get the keys from. So, bless him, he has readily agreed to come out and meet me with them - not sure if that will be the house yet but as long as I get the keys I'm happy!!

I went to the hospital this afternoon for a repeat scan. The radiologist was lovely, it was the same lady who did it last time. The cyst was still there which makes her think it may be endometriosis (not sure if I've spelt that right!) and recommended that I should see a gynaecologist. I asked her if it would prevent me getting pregnant - we have been trying and seeing what happens (We're both realistic in that with me being 43 it is probably too late but it would be lovely if it happened!). She said if that is what we wanted then I should definitely see a gynaecologist and it should be sooner rather than later. She was lovely and said she would word her report to my GP in such a way as to get a quick referral but was at great pains to reassure me that she could see nothing sinister and I was not to worry when I got the quick referral. She also said that my right ovary looked absolutely normal.

It's funny, I felt very relieved and quite emotional as I drove home. I've been trying hard not to get too fixated on getting pregnant as you hear of so many women who (quite understandably) become obsessed with it and it takes over their whole life. I realise it is very late in my life - one of my school friends is a grandmother twice over (mind you she did have her first child at 16)!!! I never intended to be in this position but the bald truth is, I didn't meet anyone I wanted to have children with until I got together with my boyfriend when I was 40. I would never have sought help with getting pregnant as I was thinking, what will be will be. Now, I am thinking that this problem was meant to be so that I would go and get treatment.

My mother has been teasing me lately with the old saying "new house, new baby", who knows?..... it would be lovely but let's try not to think too hard about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting - I work in Newport!! I read your blog regularly and if you want a catch up when you've got here drop me a line me@bryherhill.com

Bryher

Bandster said...

That would be lovely - not sure when I will get there yet though!!