Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unexpected victory!

I have to share this with you!

I just went upstairs to try to make a start on clearing out my wardrobe ready for the move - I didn't get very far! I found a pair of trousers on the shelf which I know I haven't put on for at least five years. I tend to avoid trousers apart from jogging bottoms and some very baggy, lightweight trousers I bought in Australia and only ever wear on holiday. These trousers are what I would call 'normal', everyday trousers. I should qualify that my thighs and bottom are very large - I know this is partly due to my disability but it has been made much more extreme by my weight.

Anyway, I took the trousers down and thought, I'll just try them on to see how far they will go and I can use them as a measure for my weight loss. Well, I am sitting here, wearing them as I type. I am staggered. In my mind, my legs are so ginormous that no trousers will go over them but they have obviously shrunk quite a bit!! They fit quite snuggly but they aren't cutting in and with a long jumper over them, they actually look quite good.

Wearing trousers is something that I miss a lot but I now feel that it is within my reach - just wait until I get a pair of jeans on, I will be delirious!!!

2 comments:

Angi said...

That's just brilliant! I'm so happy for you!

Bandster said...

Thanks Angi, I am still grinning like an idot. I am also still wearing the trousers, I MUST take them off before bed!!