Sunday, February 22, 2009

Full steam ahead!

It's been quite a weekend! I went back across to Wales late on Friday.

On Saturday morning, we got up and had just enough time to go to the house together for an hour (my boyfriend was working in the afternoon). One of my cousins lives quite close to the new house so she came over to see it with her husband and daughter. It was so lovely to get the opinion of someone who hasn't seen it before. She thought it was lovely and could really see the potential.

Today, we went over again with one of my boyfriend's friends who is into photography. He brought his camera and took about 50 or 60 photos of the house as it is now so that we will have a record. We did some measuring up and it looks like all our plans are going to work out just fine! My mum drove over to meet us there as my dad was working and she was at home on her own. She says she loves the house even more seeing it today than when she saw it the first time. It all seems so much bigger than I remember! The dog is beside herself as there is so much space for her to explore. The garden isn't secure yet so we can't just leave her outside but everytime we get her inside she just stands by a door and cries to go out!!!

We have got an electrician coming tomorrow to have a look at the wiring for us. We think it is okay but would like it checked to be sure. Then on Tuesday evening we have a builder coming to look at the work we need doing in the bathroom and bedroom. At last, I feel as though we are moving forward!!

No comments: