Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's all happening!

The house completion is on schedule for next Friday. We got the statement of completion from the solicitor yesterday - OMG - it is for 25% more that the entire cost of my own house and it is just for the deposit, stamp duty and solicitors fees, we still have a mortgage on top!!

I am moving out of this house on 5th March and that is when the fun is going to begin! My furniture is going to the new house and I will then be a nomad until we are ready to move in! It is daunting but at least I feel that we are making progress and can get going. It is exciting!!

I met my cousin at the mall after work on Thursday. We don't get together very often and she doesn't know about the band - although I do suspect that she may have had one herself years ago. We stopped for something to eat but they are refurbishing the foodcourt and it was late so there wasn't much choice. I knew I couldn't eat a sandwich and I'd had a jacket potato for lunch so I ended up having chicken nuggets and chips from McDonalds - not ideal!! Well, I certainly knew Bertie was awake and I don't think he likes chicken nuggets much. I only got six and pre-band I would have eaten them in a flash but I struggled, boy did I struggle!! I eventually managed to eat four before I had to give up for fear of PBing. I did wonder whether, if she has had a band, she might have recognised some of my symptoms - eating really slowly, slight burping, etc. but she didn't appear to notice anything. What made me smile was when I was buying my food I was hungry and had my pre-band head on and I almost bought nine nuggets - how daft would I have looked!!

No comments: